Friday, March 10, 2023

I've NEVER Found This!

One of the most important things to do during your home buying process is to have a professional home inspection completed. Not by your Uncle, Father, Cousin, or Sister. Well, if they are a Professional Home Inspector, okay. I had one buyer say their Uncle was going to do it. He came and kinda breezed through the propery and said it had a beautiful layout. Oy! Running short on time, I walked my buyer back through with one of my previous reports so he could check each and every item a pro would have done. For what we could see, all good.

Mind you, we didn't go in the attic. a professional would have gone in the attic, and if there was a crawl space and/or a basement, the pro would have gone in there as well.

Why? Because things hide in those areas.....


Like an  8-Foot Alligator found in this attic....

Most of the time they are just looking at the HVAC system, roof, insulation, electrical, etc. This home inspector spotted the hidden guy and thought he was fake. “He didn’t really move at first. He was kind of asleep, I guess. But once I shined my flashlight on his head, his eyes started to open, and he gave me a wink and let me know, ‘I’m alive."

Lordy, I would have peed my pants if I had been that inspector! Right?!?!?

This was NOT in California! But, there are things that can be hiding out of plain sight that your Uncle, Father, Cousin, or Sister would not see.

When your Realtor suggests a home inspection, don't pass on a pro. In 21 years of helping people buy & sell homes, I honestly can't recall an inspection report botching a sale, but, they are super important. To know what the condition of the home is that is beyond the staging and prettifying!


No comments: