Thursday, July 26, 2018

Where Are All The Front Porches?

When I was a kid we visited my grandfather in Brooklyn. He had a porch. We talked with the neighbors from that porch. We yelled across the street. We saw the people playing.

My mom's house has a porch. My sisters boyfriend used to climb in her window from that porch. My mom sat and watched the people from the porch. I kissed many a boyfriend goodnight on that porch.

My first house in Valencia I was determined to create a front porch. We put up a little fence, some redwood chairs, a little table. But, it never quite had the ambiance I was looking for. Didn't have any shade, and no one wanted to sit out there with me either!

I don't see many porches in the Santa Clarita valley. But, enjoyed seeing one yesterday. Went to go visit an old friend that is getting ready to sell their home. I was tickled pink to see a real wrap-around porch on this home.

Needless to say...it's not a new track house. It's a custom home with some spectacular touches....and I fell in love. Right from the start of that front porch.

Any of you got a beaut of a front porch?
I love these!

This is kinda what I saw yesterday....LOVE.


This is like my moms when I was growing up.


This is huge and is screened in.


I like this one too, not love, but definitely 2nd runner up!

No comments: