Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Zillow Re-Works Their Paid Leads

I suppose if you're new in the business you could pay for leads. I suppose if you don't do a lot of business you could pay for leads. I guess if you don't have a strong data base you could pay for leads.


(I've never done it. Just an FYI.)

But, what I don't get is why a consumer would need to find a realtor off a website....that the Realtor paid to be on that site?

Sometimes I go on a listing appointment and another agent gets the listing. Sometimes a friend wants to refer a buyer to me but the buyer has a friend that knows a friend that has a Realtor friend as well.

You see, everyone knows a Realtor....don't they? There are quite a few of us. If you don't know one personally, just ask a friend or co-worker, a neighbor, another trusted professional.....someone will know someone that they think is awesome.

Zillow has some great portals for advertising. Some are free, which I feel are valid (I hope they are). Some agents pay for. 

I pay to market my properties, not myself. I market myself based upon my clients experiences with me. I ask them to write reviews on Zillow, some do, some get caught up with their life and move. I still adore all my peeps....even those that don't get a chance to write the review.

Anywhohow, just read an article this morning that the paid leads are supposed to get better for the Realtors paying for them.

Ugh, I don't even like that word...'leads'.....ah, if consumers truly knew.....do you?




No comments: