Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Story of the Week ~ Before & After

I was out showing homes over the weekend....yeah, I know, nothing remarkable about that, right? We saw about a 1/2 dozen. Liked one best, just submitted an offer on it on behalf of my clients!

Usually a listing agent will ask for feedback when their property has been shown. Not as often now since it's such a hot market they sell faster than you need to hear what the buyer had to say.

Once of the properties was really cute, but my clients were more interested in a larger single story home so we took a pass. The really cute one we passed on has been on the market over 100 days. Unheard of right now. Since they weren't interested, I didn't bother to try and figure out why.

But, the seller is also a Realtor so he called me to ask how the showing went......and, I gave him more info about why I thought he was having a tough sell.

Price? Seemed pretty right on. Presentation? Very cute, not cluttered, was clean. BUT, he had the dining room set up as an office, and the family room set up as the dining room. Which, some people just can't see beyond that. They think there is no family room, or the dining room is too small. I did tell him I felt the backyard was a little confined but you can't really do anything about that.

While I was on the phone with him I went online and looked at the listing again....and saw the worst thing ever....only FOUR listing photos were in the MLS.....FOUR! And, they were definitely not done by a professional.

Seller/Realtor was very receptive to my suggestions...of course....he knew he'd dropped the ball a bit with the photos. Wondered where the heck he'd put his office. Anywhere but the house I told him!

I'll be curious if I see some great new photos up soon!

Maybe like this:


Nah, not really. He just needs a couple tweaks & pro pics!
We shall see!

No comments: