Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Informing My Clients ~ As Much As Humanly Possible

When one of my buyers or sellers opens escrow they get an e-mail from me titled "Now That We're Opening Escrow". I tailor it to their particular escrow but include a mountain of information, time-lines, things to expect, do, etc.  I've done this so many times, I don't need an e-mail reminder. But, my clients, it helps them have the info all in one place.

Below is one of my last ones for 2017. 
This is actually one of the shorter ones I've sent!
 I thought you just might be interested, so I'm sharing.

Enjoy the mountain!



"Let the fun begin!

Crossing my fingers the escrow goes smoother than the final offer went!

I've copied in my transaction coordinator, Shannon Pool. Please copy her in on all e-mails.

Official acceptance is today 12/12, 45 day escrow, which we discussed last night about closing early if possible. Once buyer has removed all contingencies, we'll discuss that further. I will chat with agent about it before then, just so she knows that door is open.

Buyer due to remove the loan/appraisal contingency on 12/21, full contingency removal due 12/26. I will be pestering away on those. And, when received, we can all breathe a sigh of relief!

Termite inspection is scheduled for Monday 12/18 @ 11 am. I am planning on being there so I know immediately what the findings are. 

Buyers agent will alert me to their physical inspection (got text when I was typing this!) & appraisal as well. I will let you know when they'd like to schedule those. Normally sellers are out for inspection. Normally I meet the appraiser. Nothing is normal with this one though as buyers would love to meet you and there is no bank involved with appraiser...we shall see.

Our escrow company is Valleywide Escrow here in Santa Clarita, you shouldn't have to go there at all. There will be a couple of docs that need notarizing, but you don't need to come here for that. I'll work with you on it. Shannon Gutierrez is our escrow officer, Patty Chicas handles my files there. (661) 286-8700. Your e-mail and phone numbers have been provided to them this morning.

There is a Thousand Oaks city report needed. I'm bringing a check to escrow this afternoon to get that going.

Do not do anything with utilities and/or home insurance until we are further along. Do not cancel home insurance til the day we actually close escrow. About a week before closing you'll contact utilities to have them removed in your name, not cancelled, just your names removed. 

I tell all my clients this....you will get a mountain of paperwork, please do not sign anything unless we have discussed. Same note, Shannon Pool will provide the boiler plate seller disclosures that require your signatures only. She uses Docusign. Be on the lookout for those in the next few days.

That's about it for now. I suggest you hang onto this e-mail for reference.

Questions, thoughts, concerns?"

No comments: