Friday, July 28, 2017

To Do An Open House Or Not To Do An Open House?

Read an article this morning about the guy that was arrested for a brutal stabbing to death of a Real Estate agent in Texas 10 years ago.

This blog isn't about him.

I did so many open houses when I was first in the business, 15 years ago. And, a lot of newbies do open houses as well. Great way to meet prospective clients.

For me, if I do one now, it's mostly to get more exposure. You never know when a buyer will walk into the open house on one of your listings.

Who knows, maybe their agent just said it wasn't the right house for them but their buyer noticed it was open...so went to visit.

I don't care if a buyer that comes to my open houses is working with an agent or not. The idea is to get my listing sold!

But, back on the murder!

When I do an open house alone....I never follow a client upstairs. I'm not going to get trapped up there!

If an odd looking duck walks in...women follow your gut on this one...someone that just gives off a weird vibe...I stay near the front door.

I always keep my keys with me too. Remember the old 'Keys Between Your Knuckles'? that your momma taught you?


Yep, my keys in my pocket with them in between my knuckles!

And, never, ever, put your back to an open house guest. Because, you just never know.

Note to my Sellers.....be sure to hide all valuables....particularly the upstairs ones. AND, always check doors and windows for being locked...I've heard rumor of open houses being set up for robbery later. 

Yes, I will do your Open House...but I will protect myself first and foremost. Second.....I will sell your home any way I can.....and live to close the escrow for you.

No comments: