Friday, April 7, 2017

I Keep Losing My Pals!

Seems like about once a month a friend, past client, old neighbor, etc. contacts me about possibly selling their home and moving out of the area....more so are moving completely out of state.

I am saddened every time it happens. Happy for them, happy to help, but still a tweak of woe does plague me.

These are my baby-boomer pals. The ones that are close to my age, close to retirement, already retired. Kids grown up, spread out over the US.

These peeps want to downsize or just go where life is less of the hustle and bustle, less of the expense of California, maybe more liberal, maybe more conservative. So many reasons.

I knew it was coming. Saw the writing on the wall, but after reading yet another article about my generation selling big homes for smaller and/or other areas....the twinge in my heart pinched yet again.

Most are quite excited. They've owned their homes for a long enough period of time that they have good equity. They want to go into the next step of their lives with no mortgage, or at least certainly less of one!



If this is something you've been thinking about, be sure to talk to your tax adviser and also your Realtor, there are things that need to be done in both areas to get the most out of your current home to get you into that next one!

No comments: