Friday, August 1, 2014

Loan Modification Scammers Are On The Rise Yet Again

Some home owners are still in need of financial assistance. I've seen a rise in short sale listings recently. Not a ton, but just a few. My thought process is it's the end of the road for these people. They may have tried loan modification, tried to continue to pay, got further in debt. Hard to say, just my presumptions.

I haven't worked a short sale for a seller in about 2 years, well, something like that, so I'm a bit out of the loop as to the reasons.

Back to the subject of this post. If you are having financial issues, if you are having trouble with your mortgage....call your lender first. Be your very own advocate. Do Not Pay Anyone up front to help you. Only if you have a personal referral from a dear friend or trusted business professional that has seen the company actually get help for other clients.

Those bastard, yes I said bastard, scammers are out there again!
 I get so mad the way people take advantage of others that are in need!


But, I'm happy to report that the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
 has cracked down on a handful more of these creeps! Two were from So. Cal....Siringoringo Law Firm and Clausen & Cobb Management Company.

Hoping none of my readers are involved!

No comments: