Saturday, June 8, 2013

How'd You Get That Listing?

Was doing a final walk through for one of my clients last week and as we were chatting out in front I mentioned, networking at it's finest, that I just took a new listing.

Told them about the beautiful large Stevenson Ranch home with tons of upgrades listed at $849.

Mr. Client says: 'How'd you get that listing?' I proceeded to explain the circumstances of the couple that referred the sellers to me. How I had helped someone in the past, and as I always do, kept up with them. Regular check-ins to see if they needed anything Real Estate related or knew of someone who did.

I like to keep in touch with people. Help them when they need help. Tis what I do, and it's how my mother raised me as well as how my Real Estate coach trained me.

Funny thing? I took a peek around Google regarding the referral source...and found the wife on a testimonial page for another Realtor's website! A well known and respected Realtor too. I guess she just didn't keep in touch. I don't know.

So, just sharing a story, if you wonder who I help buy and sell homes for and where they come from. Just a tidbit. When I call you, it's not about this moment, or maybe not even about your needs...it's about helping someone when their needs are Real Estate related.....and sometimes about other needs as well!


No comments: