Friday, April 19, 2013

The Mad Dash For Short Sales

So here we are, almost at the end of April, in the year that received the extension for the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act. And, all of a sudden, lo and behold.....quite a few Short-Sales are coming on the market!

I had expected it earlier on in the year, but I am not surprised. Those that are Short-Selling now are likely those that have been sitting and not paying for quite some time. Now they may figure would be a good time to sell. They've held out long enough.

As a Realtor, I'm happy to have more listings. But, quite honestly, I'd been enjoying the writing offers and taking listings on Standard Sales these last few months.

But, it is what it is.....and we help people in every Real Estate position they are in.

Here's to hoping the act doesn't get extended again.....and, here's to hoping this mad dash to get it done before the end of the year brings a new home to one of my buyers!

No comments: