Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just Some RE Stories To Share & Show You're Not Alone.

I'm a bit of an OCD-er. No doubt about it. I expect things to happen in a certain way and will do my darnedest to make sure they do. But, I've learned as I've gotten older that you really just can't control everything, and sometimes you just have to go with the punches.

Story one ~ Short-Sale, two banks. One says no HAFA, the other says yes HAFA. So, no, no HAFA for you. Sellers were bummed, but they went with it. Same story, everyone said loan # 2 was going to be a hard one. So, I prepped the buyer ahead of time they might need to cough up some cash. They were ready when the time came. They said a.o.k., that's the way it has to be. Closing on time? Yes, ooops, no, we're going to need another few days. Oh, no, we closed on time. Roll with it. That's the way it goes.

Story two ~ 2 homes, 2 sets of buyers and sellers, 2 very different types of loans. What a fiasco. Agents got pissy, buyers and sellers got pissy....I even got a bit pissy....but just kept saying, we'll get it done. And, no matter how much pissiness (yeah, don't even know if that's really a word) was exhibited, it didn't expedite anything. Trust me, people can only do so much. The infamous you can't get blood from a stone....., or is it a turnip? We closed it, learned a lesson or two, but both homes closed and everyone is unpacking still.

Story three ~ Short Sale, tenant occupied. All going along, think we're getting loan docs. BIG road block, the lender tells us he just slammed into. Now here, here I got downright bitchy. But, I did apologize a couple of days later. We all were very stressed about that one. And, in reality, it was extremely unpleasant for about 5 days, but it worked out too. And I told this lender, who I've used for years for my own buyers also, 'You never have let me down', along with that apology I mentioned. Well we thought it was all worked out, until the water leak last night in the now vacant home. But, even when the buyers agent called me after the walk through....I said, we'd just deal with it and get it taken care of. Stressful, lots of extra phone calls, e-mails,etc., but it is what it is and it has to be taken care of.  Story not over yet...but the other agent did say thank you to me twice already. AND, she said my seller was lucky to have me. I asked her if she'd post that on my website! LOLOL

All working Realtors are having wild stories right now. It's a challenge out there, truth! But, how your agent handles the trials and tribulations, that's the key. Get them done, don't roll over and take it, but understand that everything will work out. Trust me, it may not be exactly what you expected, but it will work out. It doesn't need to happen with a lot of pissiness or bitchiness either.....because you can't fit a square peg in a round hole and you can't squeeze blood from a stone.........or a turnip for that matter.


No comments: