Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Get A Birthday Card, Not A Kick-Back!

It's Sunday, getting ready for the gym. Trying to avoid the heat today by getting out of Valencia. Before I forget, Happy Independence Day tomorrow!

Today I picked up an article about RESPA. Someone is filing a class action lawsuit as they believe Realtors have been taking kick-backs from Home Warranty companies. Sheesh. Maybe, probably, hope not though!



Back in the day we'd have parties, get movie tickets, free drinks.

But those days have changed. I enjoyed the parties and occasional free movie but certainly didn't refer an affiliate because of that.

I actually had a loan broker say he'd let me sell his house if I gave him referrals. I told him, and this was probably 6 years ago, that I'd sell his house but only refer to him if I was confident he would do a stellar job!

I refer to a particular Home Warranty company because the rep has proven herself again and again. She has gone above and beyond for my clients on many occasions. I recommend a title company because the rep has been able to get things done when she is supposed to. Clear things that need to be cleared. Investigate as required. I prefer one escrow officer as she definitely asks 'How High?' when I need her to jump. Always, without question. My favorite mortgage broker? I can call him/e-mail/text any time and he responds pretty quickly....usually! LOL. But, never has he let me down, and really, I mean never.

And all of these affiliates are on the 'Witz' team because they perform to my expectations and beyond. They provide the exemplary service that I demand and expect for my clients.

I'm a bit OCD and so therefore I have to surround myself with a really good group.

And, what do I get from them for the constant referrals? A birthday card, maybe a little Halloween candy (that they give everybody!) and the knowledge that my clients are being well cared for.

No comments: