Thursday, February 24, 2011

Short Sales, Short Sales, Short Sales....

They have been around for a while now and they will surely be around for a while more. Did my infamous reading again today and noted an article that I share as it talks about some additional changes in the HAFA program. And, of course, why we even need these changes.


Real Estate continues to have the need to speed up the Short Sale process, learn new ways to help expedite them. As a Realtor in Southern California, I have to consistently update my education, network with other agents, listen to what works and what doesn't. Understand that what may work in one instance, doesn't always work in another.

My opinion is we have a ways to go. But, the market will stabilize the sooner we get a handle on the situation. When we can eliminate additional foreclosures by doing Short-Sales instead, it will assist us in the stabilization.

I hate, truly despise, sitting in a classroom for EIGHT hours. Yet, I do it...on a pretty regular basis. Next month, two days in a row, eight hours a day, I will be sitting in the Hilton Garden Inn here in Valencia to be labeled a CDPE, Certified Distressed Property Expert. Yippee! ;o)

Now, mind you, the certification doesn't mean a whole lot to me, just the education it may provide to further assist clients in their home selling and/or purchasing process.

And, it means that I will most likely be attending another one fairly soon after, as more changes are made.....

No comments: