Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love Those Clients Closing Smiles!

Almost nothing feels better than handing over the key to my clients' new home! And, yesterday was one of the most adorable smiles ever.

I've known this client for about 15 years, our kids played hockey together and we've stayed in touch. The chapters in her life have changed and it was time to find her a new home.

We looked for many months, wrote several offers, and got approved on a Short-Sale(SS) at the end of last year.

I called her on Monday to let her know the loan funded and, that on Tuesday we would get a call saying it had recorded and was now officially hers.

So, at 2:30 yesterday I missed a call and she left me a message noting that I should be proud of her for waiting til that time to check on recording status. I said, "Hell, I waited until only 1:00 pm!" ;o)

But, just before 3, we got the call, I went to pick up the key, and met her at the property at 5:01. Hah, I actually got there a few minutes early so I could open the garage and let her pull right into her new home!

The really cute part of this story is that she was going to sleep there last night! I said, are ya crazy? It was in great need of cleaning, carpet and paint. She had those people coming the next morning @ 8am and thought best if she was just there already......and she was sooooo excited.

It's adorable to see someone looking absolutely delighted about their new home. She could see past the sticky floor by the fridge. See way past the dog-dirt carpet in the living-room. Her friend laughed when she and I both got down on all fours to sniff the bedroom carpet for dog accidents! And, she even figured out how to cap off the refrigerator water line that the seller left dripping into a cup.....that was over full!
First thing this morning, I called to see if she really did sleep there.....what do you think?

No comments: