Monday, January 3, 2011

Stats of the Year!

I don't do the stats for my blog on a regular basis, but being today is the first business day of 2011, thought I'd let you know the following:

In 2009, yep, year before last, the total number of homes sold was 3397.

And, as crappy as we all think the market is due to the devaluation of home prices, homes are still selling, and plenty of those are standard sales.

In the last year of the first decade we closed sales on 3297. Weird huh? I actually ran it twice since it was exactly 100 less than 2009.

And of those, 859 were REO's (foreclosed). 943 were noted as SS's (short sales). 55% of our homes sold were bank involved. Either REO or SS, banking institutions were involved more than just the new buyers loan. But, 45% were standard sales, sellers that had equity.

As of this morning, we have 1229 homes, condos and townhouses included, available for sale. That would make one think we have inventory for just a few months.

I didn't calculate out how many are REO/SS, it is probably about the same as it's been for awhile now. Approximately 1/2 of the inventory.

What does all this mean? To me, hold your chin up now, a stable market. Albeit a lot of REO and SS's, it has held it's own for a couple of years now.

Do I think the market will continue to decline? Hmmm......the news says so. The signs say so. But, until all the foreclosures flood the market, and while we continue to sell this many homes? I'd say, all things considered, we're doing pretty good.

But, I am the forever optimist......

No comments: