Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hatin' the Realtor

Was doing some of my usual reading this morning. Stopped after LA Times usual reads and went to Inman News for Realtors.

The article is about Overcoming Realtor Hate and how to change your perspective. It was directed at Realtors that may be feeling the hate from clients and associates in the business. You can read the full article via the link below:


I had the worst Real Estate situation of my almost decade career yesterday where an angry seller started the conversation with "I don't hate you, but...." It got progressively worse, but the reason I share is to let you know that it was his problem, nothing I had done. Truly just a situation he was hating and frustrated and took that out somewhat on me.

Hatin' the Realtor? Ugh!

If there is one thing I know it's not that they hate the Realtor, it's just that they are unhappy with the situation. And, it's our job to keep the situation under control as much as humanly possible. My oldest son thinks I'm too much of a control freak, but it sure has helped me in my career!

So, the buyer doesn't do what they are supposed to do? Guide them. The escrow officer missed a document? Yell? Nope, help them get it in the file. The seller isn't allowing access as readily as you'd like? Find another way.

There is more than one way to skin a cat, and there is always more than one way to get the deal done. And, the better we Realtors handle it, the less Hatin' will be going on.

A successful career depends on it. Whatever happened to Realtor so-and-so? Who cares they were 'Ah-hatin' Realtor'!

And, it follows the same in most every business where you deal with the public and other people, 'Bees with Honey, not Vinegar'


Yep, just like my momma told me.....



No comments: