Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Womens' Intuition - Is it for Real?

As a Real Estate agent I have to work for my clients best interest at all times. Every once in a while my gut tells me something is amiss. And, that's when you wonder if you're 2nd guessing yourself or if you should follow the infamous 'Women's Intuition". The thing men hate that we say we have, but that most women know we do!

In the world of Short Sales (SS's) and REO's there is quite a bit that can be in the world of unknown. With REO's it's the realization that the seller doesn't know anything about the property and therefore can't disclose to you why there is a drywall patch on the wall, or if that spot on the ceiling was before or after what appears to be a copper plumbing re-pipe patch.

With SS's, it's the wondering if there is any fraud going on, is the SS lender being informed of all the details of the sale?

I'm in another SS contract now, we're this close to complete approval, and the listing agent seems to be a little sketchy about the terms of the approval. And, I'm trying politely to determine if there is something amiss about an addendum that I don't see uploaded on the SS site.

So, I talk with my broker and concur that the listing agent is responsible for submitting all documents pertaining to the sale, that the SS lender will see the final HUD1, and that I need to disclose (remember in RE, it's disclose, disclose, disclose!) to my client my thoughts and concerns and allow her to decide if she wishes to proceed with the purchase.

Had several conversations with buyer, e-mailed agent, spoke with SS processor and am awaiting a call today to tell me if my 'Women's Intuition' was on overdrive or....if it was for real.

Crossing my fingers that my intuition was off for the day!

No comments: