Friday, March 1, 2024

Vogue's Ideas for Home Decor in 2024

Well, let's be serious, Vogue is a whole different animal in design and decor. It always has been. Deep, mysterious. So, when I mention Vogue's home decor ideas....it probably won't fit us all. Some will dislike immediately, some will be intrigued.

But, they also talk about what is OUT for 2024. And, I'm happy about some of those for sure!

Here's a few in .... per Vogue .....


Dark & very, Moody.


Dark, and busy. Old fashioned to me.


This one is more interesting, but still, 'moody' for sure.

Now, on the way out you ask? 

1) Instagram Design! YES!! or Pinterest. Basically copying anything from either is out, out, out!!
2) Ivory Boucle. I had to google that one. It's the white nubby textured fabric found on furniture.
3) Fast Furniture. Meaning the kind of stuff that doesn't last forever. I had an interior decorator tell me years ago it was okay to buy inexpensive furniture so when you got bored with it, you didn't feel guilty about getting rid of it!
4) Fake Fur Throws. Um, I don't have any of those ... do you?
5) Wicker Lamps. Well, crap. I do have a couple lamps in my living room that have woven basket looking shades. Damn it!
6) Ruffles. Like the potato chips you ask? Nope, like anything that has ruffled edges. 
7) Minimalism. Well, I say, if you like it, you like it. But, I am more into warmth in my home for sure.
8) Mid-Century Modern Angular Furniture. So, over that by me too!
9) All White Kitchens. Well, I wish mine was as it'd be so much brighter. But, I've heard for quite some time, that wood cabinets do hold the test of design time. However, needless to say, good ole Vogue is talking all about 'moody' colors instead! 

Here's the full article if you're interested: 👇


Let us know what cha think!




No comments: