Friday, February 3, 2023

Easy If You're Not So Good

Between my business partner and I, we have almost 3 decades of helping people buy and sell homes. THREE decades! 

Over the years, I've had people say they want to be a Realtor. They like looking at houses. They like decorating. They are a people person. They want to make some easy money.


Oh My Lord!!! 

So, when I was looking at Instagram this morning, I saw this post from one of my real estate funnies groups. I did laugh when I read it, but it really isn't funny, because it really is true.

Real Estate is NOT an easy job....if you're a good Realtor. Hint, hint....this is why Leslie is my partner.

Being a realtor is hard, really hard. It's not just putting a sign in the ground, it's not just decorating homes, it's not just looking at houses. It's a helluva a lot more. And, while we can sometimes have an easier transaction than the one before....for the most part every single transaction is much harder than the client realizes. 

Good Realtors tell their clients what is going on, for sure. But, GREAT Realtors, carry a lot of stress/weight for their clients without the clients awareness. Why? Because selling or buying a home, one of the biggest assets a person will have in their lifetime, is hard on the client. Very hard.

A good agents job is to make it look easy. Protect their client. Get the best terms all around, whether we are representing a seller or a buyer.  And, if it were an easy job for realsies, you're not doing a good job, you're a bad Realtor.

There are plenty of really great Realtors, there are probably more bad. Leslie & I fall into the first category. Absolutely, 100%.




No comments: