Thursday, January 12, 2023

Time To Ditch These Trends!

Okay now, this article I am sharing bits from was hilarious!

As a 20 year veteran Realtor, I've seen quite a few styles come in. And, many go back out again...thankfully.

I called it on granite years before it started to fade out. I've been reading barn doors should be gone already. Those "I Love Us" signs? Oh goodness, those are gone, gone, gone!

But, here are the top 10 that apparently consumers finally admitted to be tiring of at the end of 2022. So, expect to find some good discounts on these items at TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. if you are determined to still use some of these trends in your home.

10 ~ Classic Farmhouse &, yes, those signs! Sad to say, I DO have a few items that would fall into these trends to ditch.




9 ~ Vessel Bowl Sinks - never been a fan but I sure have seen a lot of them!


8 ~ Matching Furniture Sets. Ugh. Change it up already.
7 ~ Cowhide prints - yeah, gotta go!
6 ~ Rainfall Showerheads - I have never liked these. I like me a hot beating on my back shower!


5 ~ Venetian Plaster Walls. Only sold one house with this stuff. Million Dollar Listing LA has had quite a few!
4 ~ Wall Murals/Wallpaper Murals. So individualized, gotta repaint when you sell your home.
3 ~ Tile Countertops - yeah, we know those were a gonner already!
2 ~ The Greenery Jungle - I've got some pops of green, but have avoided the jungle look.


1 ~ Making the top of the list? I didn't even know it had a name coined. The "Cloffice" Pandemic is over people, put that closet back to it's original use already!


Which of these do you have?
Which are you going to ditch?
Which are you going to keep?
Do Tell!








No comments: