Tuesday, August 10, 2021

What Goes Around Comes Around - Good or Bad

I heard about this last week, wasn't surprised. Was quite disappointed though, to the point of being angry.

Anger is a bad emotion to have, for any reason.

But, when the big Housing Wire writes about it too, it's a big deal.

"Former marketing rep provided real estate agents with video marketing and information on pocket listings"

One of our local title reps caused his company to have to pay over a million dollars in fines for the alleged illegal perks to Realtors.

And, from personal experience with this guy? It's true, well, my interaction with him at least.

Many years ago it was okay for affiliates to 'help' us. I actually worked with this rep, but parted ways when he did something awful.

I was approached by he & his advisory group on more than one occasion to join the crowd. When he called me about it, he distinctly said I would be expected to use the services of the affiliates. Regardless of the relationships and trust I had with others, I was expected to use theirs. No thank you. When an associate of mine in the group called me again this year about it....I said "Is he still part of the group?" Yes he was, I said no thank you again.

It's weird to me how people just think doing things against the law are ok. My profession isn't always thought of so highly, and this guy just stunk it up a bit more.

I've had people over the years think that I get a 'kick-back' if we use a particular affiliate. I tell them it's illegal to do so, and I don't do it. The affiliates I refer to work hard, and honestly, for my clients. That's why I refer to them. Trust, hard work, high ethics, those are important to me.

At any rate, if you want to read the whole HW article, here ya go:

Read About The Turd Title Rep Here

Any questions? Just holler. Lauren@KeepYourWitz.com

No comments: