Friday, April 23, 2021

Sometimes A Little Pressure Needs To Be Applied

In a Sellers market you shouldn't have to work that hard to get contingency removal, right? Buyers would be too concerned about losing the house if they didn't do so in a timely manner, right? You'd think! Hah! 

Working with an agent I've never worked with before in one of my escrows. He seems to be living in 'his world' on 'his time frame'. But, I'm still polite, well, to a certain point.

All my associates that say I'm nice and what a pleasure to work with are made from the same cloth. I've had other agents say that & then I warn them that I'll turn into something else if they don't do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it.

So, the agent, took sweet-you-know-what time to get us a Request for Repairs. Then passive-aggressive tone about his buyers may walk if my seller doesn't give them an almost 10k credit for bogus repairs. I said walk then. Well, my Seller said 'bye-bye'!

They signed off on our response to their Request for Repairs.

Then we got to removal of final contingencies, a little stall here and there so we send out a Notice to Buyer to Perform because of the tardiness with the prior issue. No response to text/email/voice message. Lender ghosts me as well after I left 3 messages and copied her in on an email.

Finally I send an email that states we will be cancelling since we've heard nothing from agent or lender.

Lo & Behold, nice & early this morning we get Full Contingency Removal.


I protect my clients like a Mama Bear with her cubs. 
I don't care if they are 25 or 75, I'm still the Mama Bear and my cubs need my care and protection. Every Single One.

Yes, My Seller Was quite happy to chat with me this morning!

PS, I had to just get a little pushy with another that was due last night. 
We got it this afternoon. Oy!



No comments: