Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Realtor Life ~ Seeing New Home Ideas

Before I was a Realtor, I used to go to new home construction tracks for ideas. I actually did do a flooring pattern in my first Valencia home based upon a home site I saw in Bridgeport Valencia!

Once I got licensed it became more of looking for flaws in properties. Buyers always are looking at the pretty, but I have to be the infamous 'voice of reason' and make sure they aren't missing anything.

You know, where the tower of power is in relationship to this home. Why there is a mis-matched ceiling finish. Is the big green electrical box okay to put bushes around it to disguise. Is the staircase safe for little ones. How about noticing a direct access garage for a single woman vs. walking in the rain with her groceries...maybe in the dark...late at night. I'm always peeking around for something wrong. I don't want my clients to be awfully surprised when they move in.

But, one of the drawbacks of being a homeowner AND a Realtor is I see so many awesome ideas for my personal residence! Most I can refrain myself from doing, but some are pretty irresistible.


Neither my husband nor I are super handy or creative, so we have to pay for most any improvement. And, because I am very frugal, a lot of the awesome ideas disappear from my head because of my wallet protectiveness!

But, what I see in one house often helps me give ideas to buyers in another house. 'Hey, I saw this awesome way to brighten your kitchen'. or 'Hey, how about you consider putting this over there because I saw it in another home and it looked incredible'.

Experience is great for contracts, negotiations, knowing when a love letter with a fresh baked loaf of bread picture in it may help get an offer accepted. It's also great to work with an experienced Realtor because we have seen so many houses! And, with that, comes some great ideas to pass along to a new homeowner!

No comments: