Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Newhall Ranch Project

Well, big news is the Newhall Ranch project has received approval for it's first 'village', Landmark Village, to begin. I hear it's going to be a year to 18 months but that is some news for us Santa Claritans!

It's been in the works for 20 years and it will be a 20 - 30 year project with four different villages. Shopping, jobs, parks, schools...the whole enchilada!

I had the pleasure of walking the area, with a Newhall Ranch representative and large group of fellow interested parties, several years ago. It is a beautiful area and I'm sure Valencia and our surrounding communities looked very similar....back in the day.

I do love Santa Clarita. I think it's a beautifully master planned community. I also think that this Newhall Ranch will be just as lovely.

If you want to follow the progress and keep up on the project, they have a website with quite a bit of information on it:



No comments: