Sunday, February 26, 2012

Increase Traffic on Housing Websites, Does it Mean New Hope for Housing?

As I sit sipping my Coffee with the Coconut Creme flavor steaming through, I read my daily dose of Realtor news.

Same old stuff, really it is. Just a few things that I felt were worth mentioning.

First, the post title. Zillow reported a huge increase in traffic on their site. I've actually seen it on my personal sight too (www.KeepYourWitz.com). Does that mean anything? Maybe, or maybe just more people curious about the market. Quite possibly they are just cozily searching for fun while bundled in blankets in the morning. I am more of an optimist....so I will take it as people are more interested in buying a home now. Or at least, gaining interest.

The home builders are ramping up their business. More building permits, more preparation to build new homes, and more hammers nailing wood. Well, maybe they are a little premature. But at least they are generating more jobs. Increase in any employment is good!

Now, not to sound, or end with, a negative...but in the beautiful Santa Clarita Valley our inventory is extremely low. Today it sits at just a total of 924 units available for sale. And, that is all of our little valley. Valencia, Acton, Agua Dulce, Castaic, Newhall, Saugus, Stevenson Ranch, and Canyon Country. Only 924 available for sale. I won't even mention that many of those probably aren't truly active. Another post there...

I do think that in the shadows, no pun on the shadow inventory intended, that we are preparing for a rebound. Or recovery, whatever you wish to call it. I believe that the stepping stones are being laid. I believe that it is going to be a very long path still to follow, and a little blurry as to the end point, but, we are walking in the right direction.

No comments: