Friday, November 4, 2011

Triggers of Lender Scrutiny ~ A Refresher Course

I know I've touched on this before, but it bears repeating, repeating, dare I say it .... repeating. 

I read this article in the NY times this morning. Feel free to read the whole thing via the link below:


At any rate, people are talking about how hard it is to get a loan these days. Only until this month did I have someone denied for a loan that I was working with. Not one of my buyers, one that was purchasing a listing of mine. Regardless, it happened. And, it happened because the paper trail that needed to be followed just got narrower and narrower. So minute, that the lender couldn't follow it any more. So, poof, he was gone. No worries, we got another buyer in 48 hours!

So, really, just stick to the basics. Don't do something fraudulent, or even attempt something round to fit in a square hole. It's not going to work these days.

Loans of today are far different than loans of years gone by. And, when it comes down to that last few days of escrow and the damn lender is asking for things you feel are redundant and downright stupid? Just do it, send them what they ask for. 

You won't get your house if you don't! 

No comments: